- XML Schema - Pretty much the standard for data definition and more powerful than DTDs (nothing new here).
- XSLT/XPath - Standard for data transformation (haven't used XQuery yet).
- BPEL - Standard for Orchestration Web Services
- WS-RM - only have used it at one client but it provides reliability as advertised.
- WS-Security - not used in production but have several customers moving to it for up-coming releases.
- WS-Addressing - examining this and other specifications for a routing road map. Not currently used in production work that I have performed.
So as you can see there are still a lot of missing specifications that are floating in the WS-* ether as well as UDDI (an unpopular specification in project based SOA). The above is based on a sampling of 200+ customers that I have worked with from 2002.